A shiver ran threw me as the alarm clock sounded; it would be a chilly day. The morning wakeup show was announcing the days school closings. I listened carefully so as to not miss my districts name should it be called. Over the sound of the DJs voice, I could hear the loud clink of the rain as it smacked against the metal roof. No such luck, my district had school today.
“Cold, rainy day,” I thought.
Not wanting to get out of bed, but knowing I had no choice, I rolled over and slide out of the warm quilt placing my bare feet on the soft but cool rug; again, a shiver. Thoughts of a nice hot shower and a good cup of coffee swelled up in my mind. I could just smell the luxurious aroma of the coffee beans that would wake me each morning and feel the sting of the hot water on my back that helped warmed my soul in the morning. Rising from the bed, I moved swiftly to the bedroom door and put on my terrycloth bathrobe, walked even more swiftly down the short and narrow hallway towards the kitchen. Stepping over the two sleeping cats; both unrecognizing the fact that they were snuggled together; I strode into the kitchen and grabbed my favorite coffee mug. My day had just begun.
No comments:
Post a Comment