Thursday, July 21, 2011

Social Experiment 101 or what the hell ??

Listening to: Rosi Golan, Norah Jones, Joshua Radin and others
Feeling: Content and restless at the same time?


Ah, life! Interesting, isn't it? The things that we do and the way others react to us. All very interesting when you examine it closely.  I keep being told not to over analyze things but I just can't help it; maybe that's what too much college does to someone..LOL? Who knows, but I enjoy thinking about things even when my thinking becomes a detriment to myself.

So much has happened these past few months; so many changes. I finally got divorced, after years of talking about it and not having a relationship with each other, bought my own place, began a great teaching position, and basically went out on my own. Talk about stressful and transition, holy cow! Add college to that and a second job, well I am completely clueless how I made it this far!

Anyway, so, what does this have to do with a social experiment?  I don't know, I just liked the title :)

No, really I was thinking back to May when I was asked by a co-worker to go out for drinks and what happened from then to now. Like I said earlier, life is..umm..interesting! Ok, so here it is May, I had been speaking with this guy, we will call him Pete (since many of you know this guy). Pete and I worked together, he as a paraprofessional while waiting to go back into the Army and me of course as a teacher. We had actually been talking since back in December but I thought he was too young, so I never really gave him much thought beyond co-worker. We got along, same likes and dislikes, shared many laughs along the way and by May, I realized there may be more to this relationship than just co-workers. As always, Murphy's Tap Room on a Friday after school was what we called "professional staff development" or let's drink away our weekly stress! Pete asked me to go one Friday and I agreed since I had not been in awhile due to being self-absorbed with other things. Of course, when  the time came, I did not go, I had other more pressing things to do like pick up my daughter from school and clean my house. Next thing I know, Pete is texting me later that evening wondering why I was not there. He was at the movies with his buddies but that was not important, he wanted to talk with me. So, we texted, laughed and eventually said goodnight. That week was great! We talked even more at school, laughed even harder and got into some pretty deep discussions about ex's and life. When Friday rolled around, I did go to Murphy's. We talked with everyone and talked to each other, next thing we know it's 8pm and everyone left with the except of us and one or two others. I decide to leave, he gives the puppy dog face and I offer to go home, change into jeans and come back. He liked that idea, so I did just that. 11pm, we are still at the bar, watching the hockey game, having beer and just talking about things. Since we had been discussing how much we both loved Guitar Hero and horror flicks, and he was a little buzzed and could not drive, we decide to go back to my house for a few hours  to play video games and maybe watch a flix.

To be Continued......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment