.....So there we were. At my house playing Guitar Hero. Of course, I beat his ass :) And what fun it was!! Laughter is always the best medicine, and that night was full of it. After a while, the horror flix was in order so on to NetFlix to find something interesting. We did of course find something and by the time it was over, Pete asked to crash at my place. So I let him. Let's just say it was interesting but quickly cured me of allowing any guy to "crash" at my house.
So to make a long story short, that night was the end of our friendship. Pete proceeded to ignore me afterward and until the end of the school year. Sad, not really sure what happened but they say people come into your life for a reason and they don't always stay in your life. I will say that 2 weeks later, I texted Pete to say Happy Birthday and the text I received back asked who this was. I was angry and it really made me feel like I was taken advantage of; luckily Pete is off to the military so I won't have to see him again but really?Who is this? Sigh!
Well, after that, I was miserable. Started hanging out with friends from Sears, going to bars, just plan acting like a 20 something. Thats when I saw him. From across the bar, he was there, playing pool. I couldn't take my eyes off him. I am gonna call him Kevin. Me, being me, I watched him all night and before I left the bar, introduced myself and asked for his cell number. I also asked him how old he was, since Pete had left me with a bad taste in my mouth for younger guys. Turned out he was 34!! Wow! Did I hit the jackpot or what!? Or so I thought. Kevin was so adorable, I always liked short guys and ones that dressed somewhat preppy, and Kevin fit the bill! So, we texted a little back and forth and finally met up one night. We talked, I watched him play pool, and we went to Dunkin's later that night for coffee, our conversation was great! It was sweet. I found him to be so interesting as well as being in the same position as myself; dating younger people. I felt like we had a connection, and so I allowed a kiss goodbye. I went home thinking, wow, I really want to get to know this guy. Of course, little did I know, that was not his plan. I tried to text him for few days with little success. He barely answered and then when I tried to make suggestions to go out, he ignored me. Well, anyway a few days later he did text back, apologizing and we ended up meeting up again at the bar. It was an interesting evening, he sort of hung around me but sort of didn't. So, again, me being me, made sure I was were he was. I was not gonna let him get away that easy. I felt like I followed him a bit around the bar but then I decided to stop doing that. If he wanted to talk, I was there and he would just have to come up to me and guess what? HE DID! As I watched the baseball game, Kevin would come over and talk a little, take his pool shot then come back. I was sort of chuckling to myself because it was just so funny. By the end of the night, shots were in order, the first shot I had ever done! And then I could not drive home. Kevin and I walked back to his place. It was a quite walk and I honestly cannot remember if he invited me in or I invited myself..LOL..but we talked and stayed up till 6am! We talked about everything and shared things that you just don't share with anyone. I was pretty happy and Kevin at one point stated that he liked me with a chuckle to himself that made me feel like he hadn't really thought of me in that way before and was just realizing that maybe we could be good for each other. Well, after that night, I did want to get to know him better. My friends all told me I had to play some "dating" game so I did not text him. He didn't text me either. After a few days, I decided to be bold and go up to the bar to see him. I had remembered he would be working so I took full advantage of it. The bar was full, I played pool and watched Kevin work. I made sure to go over and talk with him as much as possible but I tried not to be a pest since he was working. By the end of the evening, I thought maybe I could wait for him to close up the bar and then get to spend some time with him. So I waited for an hour, outside the bar. I suddenly felt maybe I should go home, so I did and did not catch up to Kevin until a day or so later. The following night though, I did go back to see Kevin, I had dressed up a bit, hoping to catch his eye but as it turned out he walked in with a younger gal in tow, so I left immediately. Our next meeting was one in which, I sat next to him at the bar, having a beer, talking and coming to terms with the fact that Kevin was not into me, he wanted a younger gal. I was sad but stayed to hear him play at open mic. Needless to say, it was too much for me to handle. I am sure I made a complete fool of myself that night, drinking and having some weird, creepy guy follow me around. I called a friend to be rescued from the bar and she came down and got me. I cried on her shoulder, wondering what was wrong with me, don't I have a lot to offer?
Thing is, I do and he just didn't see it. That's not my fault and there is nothing I can do about it but move on. Which leads me to Brian......................amazing, a pilot actually grounded me!
To be continued..................
No comments:
Post a Comment